Thursday, May 01, 2008

Bienvenido a Miami

Bienvenido a Miami

Key West! I love this pic of Jeff, he looks so tiny next to the statues.
We saw lost of parrots on the trip.
Swimming at Smather's beach. We took a bike ride from the bus stop and then relaxed at the beach and ate at a little burger stand. It was one the best hamburgers we have ever had.
The water was so calm and beautiful!

Jeff and I with our bikes. The colored bolder thingy behind Jeff marks the southernmost point in the continental USA, just 90 miles from Cuba.
Next stop was our cruise to the Bahamas. Thank goodness for Dramamine, I never did get my sea legs.
The only problem was that we left our swimming suits on the ship for the three hours that we got to spend on the beach. Very sad day, however the beach was the nicest of our entire trip!
Jeff sporting his new t-shirt from the Bahamas.
The beautiful ocean view during our cruise.
Woohoo I am in the Bahamas!
YEAH!!
No shoes, no problem!

We then visited the Vizcaya garden museum and memorial. The home on this property is the most elegant and amazing I've ever seen!
Entrance to the property and gardens.
The ocean port at the property. The owner, Mr. John Derring, had this stone ship built it was quite a sight.

More pics of the property and gardens.
Miami Sequarium. A mini Sea World where we enjoyed watching the Dolphins and Killer Whale.
Our day trip to Gator Park in the Florida Everglades.
My new friends croc and doc :)

A furry friends show at Jungle Island. We just could not get over how cute this little guy was! We also saw a Liger. It really does exist Napolean.
One last boat ride at sunset in Biscayne Bay. We went past 'Millionaires Row' and saw the homes of Will Smith, Shaq, Gloria Estevan, among many others.
We spent our last day relaxing on
Miami Beach which was "just 100 feet" from our little condo. Can you believe it took us almost our entire vacation to finally visit the beach right next to where we were staying! It was worth the wait, the water was the warmest out of all the beaches we visited and we had lots of fun jumping the incoming surf. Overall the trip was very nice and relaxing!

9 comments:

Miller Family said...

Yeah for vacations!!! What a nice little getaway! I love the beach! Now you are refreshed for these final six weeks.

The Bee Family said...

Okay-It looks like you guys are having way to much fun! I was so excited to hear from you! I miss you guys lots! Now maybe we can keep in touch more! Tell Jeff Hello for me!

marisa said...

I am so so jealous...please oh please can I come next time? We so need to get away to a sunny spot where we can just lie on the beach! I can't wait to hear all about it when we see you!

Aleen said...

Thanks for the awesome photos you posted of your vacation, Shelley and Jeffrey! It looks like your had a relaxing and stimulating adventure. . . Isn't the warmish Atlantic Ocean wonderful! Melissa, Darren, and I certainly enjoyed our visit to New Smyrna Beach and Orlando with Celeste and Brent when she was expecting Emma.

Thanks for the music!

Love always,
Mamacita

"The Landlord" said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Nice photos! :) ps - did I ever reply to your facebook message? if not, just email me and let me know :)

Ryan and Rachel said...

Woooo, that gator looks way close to Jeff's head. Crazy! I'm glad you had fun on your awesome vacation!

heather telford photography said...

Im jealous!! what a blast you totally deserve it!

Child Family said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a great time on your trip.

Holly said...

Wow, just wow! What a cool trip that must've been!

~Holly