Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rodeo weekend

It started off with this:
A hike to the springs in willow flat. Jeff and I are participating in a health challenge at his work in which we have to go on a 60 min hike every week for 6 weeks. BTW last week we went on this hike:
Stewart Falls
Stacey and C at Willow flat where the water come from the side of the mountain




Hun when you read this I hope you laugh. So unsuspecting you are.


We then had a fabulous cookout that included a b-day cake for my daddyo . We ended the night of course by playing games (yay for monopoly deal)



On Saturday I made Jeff a fantastic breakfast! The greatest thing to eat when I go visit my mom is toast. I don’t know why it is so good at her house but that is pretty much the only place I ever eat toast. I made Jeff 2 kinds cinnamon toast and honey butter toast; we both had seconds:) (I now wish I’d gotten a pic!)

We all thoroughly enjoyed Corbin’s entertainment this weekend! After breakfast he played in the hose, birdbath and flowers. He is a busy little guy!

According to tradition we floated the narrows not once but twice. It was Chances first time and he loved it! On our way home we ordered the fantastic pizza and bread sticks from Pizza Stop. Of course it doesn’t compare to the Polar Bears burger and fries; which I was longing for all weekend. (Polar Bear is a little burger place I worked at in high school that is no longer open, so sad!)


We then went to the sidewalk sales which honestly I just go to see the people and get a snow coneJ However this year they had a new addition, a tour of the old academy building. I am so excited for them to restore it! We even sneaked up to the very tip top and rang the bell.

Stacey and I then went on our annual carnival ride THE ZIPPER. It is seriously my favorite ride ever; oh the good memories I have on that ride!

Of course we ended the night with a couple rounds of Monopoly Deal.

1 comment:

Annelise said...

Great posts Shelley. Sounds like you guys have been getting around~ I liked the butt grabbing one the best. If you want someone to go hiking with you sometime let us know and now that I know you guys like the outdoors we should try camping sometime. It's always more fun with another couple- I'll even bring Monopoly Deal! Have fun