Sunday, April 07, 2013

End table before and after

 I bought this beauty 2 years ago at a yard sale in my hometown Preston for $5. I finally got around to fixing it up. 
 The top is real wood so I put 4 coats of red mahogany polyshade on the top. (This product makes it so that you don't have to strip off the previous stain.) I loved the look after 3 coats but Corbin touched to top before it was dry. so It is a little darker than I wanted.
I  used a Krylon primer for the bottom portion (I usually use Kilz we'll see how it holds)
Sprayed krylon sea breeze on the top
Sanded the edges to antique it
Glazed the top with brown tinted stain to further the antiquing process
Added rub and buff to the handles to make them look more red.


1 comment:

Amy Weston said...

So cute Shelly! Good Job! I love how it turned out. I love refinishing furniture pieces, I'm working on one for Elle's nursery.

Love Amy :)