Sunday, September 21, 2008

Avoiding an accident

This weekend's been a little tough on me. Not only have I been sick the past few days, but my husband has also accused me of pooping the bed. Yes you read correctly. Jeff woke up at 4am this morning and after lifting my blanket to give my back a scratch he discovered a dark area leading away from my booty. I guess I was laying on my side and the shirt that I use to cover my eye's with when I take naps was lying perfectly on the bed next to me to make him think that I'd had a little accident. After examining it for a second, Jeff finally decides to lean in and find out for sure. After one whiff he's not only convinced that this is the case, but he's also concerned that his knee has come in contact with it sometime throughout the night. After this revelation, Jeff decides to inform me of my mishap.

Jeff's says, "Shelley I think you've had an accident."

I am sick and so I wake up sweating to death and think that he is telling me that I have peed the bed. I quickly realize that he has no clue what he is talking about and turn over. Once I turn over, Jeff's curiosity finally gets to him so he extends his finger ever so slowly and touches the shirt. After exhaling a sigh of relief, Jeff throws the shirt off the bed and we both fall back to sleep having avoided any real accident.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness! I'm laughing so hard right now!

Annelise said...

Shelly you guys make me laugh so much, just the fact that you tell everyone stories like this kills me! Hope you're feeling better and things are going great!

Megan said...

Shelley, you make me laugh! Get feeling better soon!

Marjorie said...

LOL! Too Funny! I can just imagine it!

marisa said...

what a great story!

Max and Diana Brown said...

I can't stop laughing!! it is way too funny!! I would of pay millons to see jeff's face!!

Howells Fam said...

I'm extremely relieved to find out that you didn't actually POOP the bed! I'm not sure what I would have been thinking if that were the case! : )