Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween 2009

This year we were invited to the 2nd anual pumpkin carving contest at the Smedley's. It was a ton of fun! They made some fantastic chili. It was so fun spending time with friends!

The Butlers and the Browns enjoying the chili

I cut the lid of the pumpkin and Jeff carved a very scary skull face!
As everyone was scraping out their guts I was stealing the seeds. I had never made pumpkin seeds before so I thought I'd give it a try. I made a salty batch and a ranch batch. They turned out so delicious.




We are definitely all Halloweened out this year. We enjoyed 4 Halloween parties in which we dressed up as mad scientists, but sadly I don't have any pics yet.

4 comments:

ksleightfam said...

Cute pumpkins Shelley!! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

i want to try that pumpkin seed recipe. What're the details?

marisa said...

are the smedley's related to any smedley's in layton? I had a roommate at BYU Jerusalem named Varci Smedley and she rocked! She could make you laugh so hard.

David & Camille said...

Hey what happened to David and I?
:)